- We're a whole community supporting each other and becoming strong parents to support our children's journeys."
- Ale, VELA Grad
Taking charge of her son's needs for school is one of the many ways Ale is a warrior parent.
A warrior parent is...
- A mom joining a VELA's Monthly Support Group from her car in between running errands to support herself and families like hers.
- A parent taking their child to VELA's Family Fun Day so they can expose their child to a community and play-for-all-abilities they wouldn't otherwise have access to for their child's needs.
- A dad connecting to VELA's Case Management for accessing resources and individualized care for their child's needs.
- A grandparent signing up for the VELA's Autism Course to learn how to best advocate for their family.
- A mom taking some time for herself and practicing VELA's Caregiver Wellness breathing exercises.
To be a warrior parent is to have the courage, resilience and self-love to overcome hard things at the face of adversity.
Our families have to navigate complex medical, education and social systems, financial stress, disability stigma, language barriers and more. When you Amplify VELA, you sponsor VELA's free programming, giving families access the knowledge, empowerment, resources and community needed to become their child's greatest advocate!