Autism course for families
Autism can feel confusing sometimes. Want to learn how to support your child's strengths and needs? Understanding autism and your child is key to ensuring your child can reach their brightest outcomes. Through VELA's interactive 5 session course, you will become your child's greatest advocate. Join VELA to gain knowledge, empowerment, resilience and community. You can also check out other course options and/or register for support group.
We look forward to meeting you in person on or the screen!
What to Expect:
- This course meets 1x/week over 5 sessions; you must be able to attend each session to register.
- Our Courses are not webinars! Instead, they are interactive, engaging and an opportunity to learn, share, receive and give support.
- Mailed Materials- If you are registering for our virtual course, we will mail course curriculum to you.
- Our Course Facilitators are parents, just like you. That means they lead with empathy because they get it.
- Meet other parents and learn from each other!
- Build a Parent Toolkit to organize your child's school, therapy and medical information- and learn how to use this as a tool.
- Understand autism ( what it is and what it is not)
- Learn how to support your child's play, communication, social skills
- Learn about Sensory Processing and Positive Behavior Supports
- Understand and get the most out of therapies
- Learn about key resources and how/when to access them
- Learn and practice real self-care strategies for yourself
Course Schedule: ( must attend all 5 sessions)
4/11/23 - 4/9/23, Tuesdays 6-7:30pm 5 sessions on Zoom
4/13/23 - 5/11/23, Thursdays 12pm - 1:30pm 5 sessions on Zoom