Caregiver Wellness course for families
Navigating disability requires time, paperwork and so many phone calls. It can feel isolating and overwhelming. This course is about YOU- how to truly care for yourself so you can continue creating the best for your family. Through VELA's interactive 5 session course, you will learn and practice skills for real self-care and wellbeing. Join VELA to gain knowledge, empowerment, resilience and community. You can also check out other course options and/or register for support group.
We look forward to meeting you in person on or the screen!
What to Expect:
- This course meets 1x/week over 5 sessions; you must be able to attend each session to register.
- Our Courses are not webinars! Instead, they are interactive, engaging and an opportunity to learn, share, receive and give support.
- Mailed Materials- If you are registering for our virtual course, we will mail course curriculum to you.
- Our Course Facilitators are parents, just like you. That means they lead with empathy because they get it.
- Meet other parents and learn from each other!
- Learning about Mindfulness and Self Compassion
- Taking Perspective and How it Supports Us
- Building Resilience
- Taking Care and Responding to our Emotions
- How to use Communication and Appreciation
- Learn about key resources and how/when to access them
- Learn and practice real self-care strategies for yourself
Virtual: 11/2/21-12/7/21 meets for 5 consecutive Tuesday Evenings from 6-7:30 pm on Zoom